If there’s one thing Sean and I love, it’s cobblers. A while back, we had made a delicious blackberry cobbler that was just so good we decided to venture off and try one with some different fruits. This time, we chose two fruits that were perfect for summer: Peaches and Raspberries! There’s just something about having the warm fruit and slightly crunchy topping to contrast the cold, creamy ice cream on top that makes this the perfect summer dessert. (And it was just so nice to look at with those bright pink and orange colors! Keep scrolling and check it out for yourself.)
For the cobbler fruit filling
- 3 large peaches; peeled & sliced
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For the cobbler topping
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds; chopped/sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease square dish or other baking dish and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine sliced peaches and raspberries with the flour, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Be careful not to break the raspberries. Pour into prepared baking dish.
The sugar and lemon juice are going to help the fruits release their juices, and the flour is going to give it a thicker consistency when it bakes. It should look all gooey and delicious like this. Use a spoon to spread out the fruit and make an even surface for the topping.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and melted butter until moist. Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit, making sure to cover the entire surface.
4. Bake 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. You will know that it’s done when the peaches have softened. Serve warm with ice cream.
You can serve this dessert warm on a plate, but we decided to put it in a dish to contain the ice cream as it melted. YUM!
And that’s it! This is such an easy recipe that it can be put together whenever you’re in the mood for a quick and delicious dessert. (It even tastes great the next day if you warm it up in the microwave.)
I would love to see what other fruit combinations we can put together to make another scrumptious cobbler. We may even try out different cobbler toppings as well. All I know is that whenever I’m in the mood for warm gooey cobbler, it will never take long to throw one together. And who doesn’t love a dessert that you can add ice cream to?
Be sure to check back soon for some more recipes and DIY projects, as well as our Weekly Sketch Roundups. We’re spending the summer making a lot more cool stuff!